United Way of Rhode Island (UWRI) is a local organization, run by and for Rhode Islanders,?dedicated to helping our community help themselves by connecting them with the resources and tools that not only improve their lives, but can change them.?Together with?supporters and community partners, UWRI?helps?Rhode Islanders with everything from:
- developing skills to secure better paying jobs
- obtaining housing and childcare
- accessing basic needs supports when times are tough?
- improving educational opportunities for children and adults
Your support for United Way of Rhode Island goes directly to fund critical programs and urgent services—not costly overhead. UWRI fundraising and administrative costs are covered by a permanent trust.
November 1, 2019 - December 31, 2019
Brown Gives, the University's annual workplace fundraising campaign,?supports United Way of Rhode Island's?LIVE UNITED campaign. Brown Gives?is more than just a workplace campaign. It's an opportunity to build relationships with colleagues from across the University, enhance teamwork among members of your department, and lead an initiative that helps Rhode Islanders who need our help the most. When you give to United Way, you join a much larger team -- one dedicated to investing in proven programs that bring real results.?
Three Ways to Give!
- Give in any amount via credit card, check, or payroll deduction.
- Give during Open Enrollment in Workday from November 11?through December 2; faculty and staff may donate a fixed monthly amount of $10, $25, $50, $75, $100?to?be payroll deducted over the calendar year. Payroll deductions begin in January. This year, anyone who gives through Open Enrollment will be entered into a raffle!
- Be on the lookout for department events across campus that benefit the United Way of RI.
- Donations are post-tax; individuals may claim the deduction when tax returns are filed.
- Open Enrollment donations cannot be designated to a specific initiative within the United Way.
- Giving at department events is not tax-deductible.
- The money raised at department events is deposited into a general fund which is then presented to the United Way.
Last year's?United Way campaign results:
|Brown Gives campaign begins||Friday, November 1|
|Open Enrollment Begins||Monday, November 11|
|United Way at South Street Landing||Tuesday, November 12|
|Benefits Fair, United Way Table||Wednesday, November 13|
|Brown Gives campaign ends||Tuesday, December 31|
Please email [email protected]? for any questions, inquiries, or to join?as a campaign leader.