Instant. Secure. Convenient.
University Human Resources partners with The Work Number? to manage?employment verifications and salary information required by lending companies. The Work Number? provides instant and secure employment and income verifications 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You would use The Work Number? when:
- Applying for a loan
- Applying for a credit card
- Buying a car
- Providing proof of employment
- Qualifying for public assistance
Here’s all you need to do:
- Access The Work Number? yourself to get the needed information right away; click?these instructions?to get started.
- Notify your lender that Brown University uses The Work Number? for all forms of salary information or employment verification.
Both?student workers?and?prospective employers?(and other designated third parties) are able to access worker information:
As required by FERPA, students?must complete a consent form before Brown will transmit employment and payroll data to The Work Number.?? Students may consult their?Workday History?to determine if this form has already been completed. ?After logging into?Workday:
1. Click the cloud icon in the upper right corner
2. Click your name
3. On?your profile, select the "actions" button underneath?your name
4. Navigate to "Worker History" > "Maintain Worker Documents" to see if you have previously completed the consent form
Completion of the form is only required once.? If you have not previously completed this form, you will need to request that the consent form be sent to your Workday inbox.? To do so, please contact the?Brown Business Center??(BBC) at?401-863-5200?or?[email protected].
You are able to perform two functions on your Work Number account:
1. View a free annual Employee Data Report, a record of information contained on The Work Number database and a list of the verifiers who have accessed that information.
2. Generate a Salary Key, a single-use, six-digit code that can be provided to a verifier as consent to access income information.
Prospective Employers, Banks and Others
Student employer code is 18111?
Faculty/staff employer code is 17727
For any questions about employment verifications or The Work Number?, please email?[email protected]